McQuillans builds on Steve McQuillan's experience to provide accounting and related services to a wide variety of established and start-up businesses.
Steve's past experience includes the ‘start-up’ of large scale service businesses and projects including alliances, joint-ventures and outsourcing projects. Past clients and companies include Chevron, Woodside, ANZ Bank, Transfield, Transfield - Worley, P&O Services, Western Power and UGL.
Provide consulting / contracting support assisting clients with ad-hoc to long-term appointments in areas of accounting support, financial management, contract management, with an increasing focus on start-up assistance for technology based ventures.
'CFO for hire' accounting assistance
- 'hands-on'contract or part-time high level accounting support
- project support, troubleshooting, contract review and claims management
- financial accounting system implementations (MYOB, Xero, and larger projects)
Start-up business structures, guidance, hands-on support, fundraising
- Play an active role in guiding start-up businesses. Provide a financial sounding board, prepare business models, forecasts, cost models.
- Raising funding for start-up businesses. Preparing businesses for potential capital raising, identifying potential investors, advising on business structures.
ABOUT STEVE MCQUILLAN
With over 25 years’ experience as a CPA Steve brings a wide range of financial management experience to his clients. He has held senior financial roles with construction, maintenance, engineering and oil & gas services companies.
He has extensive experience in the ‘start-up’ of large scale service businesses and projects including alliances, joint-ventures and outsourcing projects. He has also project managed the implementation of finance / job costing and property management systems in a number of outsourced and in-house projects. Skills include financial management, contract management, budgeting, business system implementations, commercial negotiations and company secretary roles.
He actively bridges the gaps between management, operations and finance needs, managing expectations and delivering targeted business solutions.
In December 2015 Steve completed a contract based role of General Manager Finance for Skilled Group / Programmed Maintenance’s Maritime business as the Gorgon contract after 6 ½ years.